Recommended for up to 250 users.
With nearly 94% of email classified as junk (spam, phishing and virus-laden messages), allowing such distracting and dangerous traffic into your network can grind your business communications and organizational productivity to a halt. Removing this junk email at the gateway optimizes network efficiency, and enhances email and employee productivity.
SonicWALL® Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service (CASS) offers small- to medium-sized businesses comprehensive protection from spam and viruses, with instant deployment over existing SonicWALL firewalls. CASS speeds deployment, eases administration and reduces overhead by consolidating solutions, providing one-click anti-spam services, with advanced configuration in just ten minutes. CASS offers complete inbound anti-spam, anti-phishing, anti-malware protection and features, SonicWALL Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network IP Reputation, Advanced Content Management, Denial of Service prevention, full quarantine and customizable per-user junk summaries. Outperforming RBL filtering, CASS offers >98% effectiveness against spam, dropping >80% of spam at the gateway, while utilizing advanced anti-spam techniques like Adversarial Bayesian™ filtering on remaining email.
Features and Benefits:
- Advanced Reputation Management (ARM) utilizes Sender IP Reputation to drop junk email at the connection level—including spam, phishing and attached viruses—before it enters the network. Real-time reputation scores from the SonicWALL GRID Network identify and block junk email from spammers. Advanced Reputation Management eliminates the need for less-effective, slow-responding and error-prone real-time blacklist services.
- Cloud-based Advanced Content Management (ACM) removes any remaining junk email using SonicWALL’s proven spam fighting techniques, including Adversarial Bayesian Analysis, SonicWALL GRIDprints, Image Inference Engine, gibberish detection, and Bayesian Phishing Analysis. The cloud-based design utilizes these advanced anti-spam techniques without impacting firewall processing and overall network throughput.
- Flexible junk email routing categorizes junk messages as spam, likely spam, phishing, likely phishing, virus and likely virus. Messages in each category can be rejected, tagged and delivered, sent to the user’s Junk Box, or deleted, for complete control and compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- User Junk Box option enables quick set-up of Junk Boxes for all users to store junk messages. Users can receive Junk Box Summary emails, which they may use to view (as text) and un-junk messages as desired. IT retains control over displayed categories, scheduling, and retention of Junk Box Summaries.
- SonicWALL GRID Anti-Virus is automatically activated along with SonicWALL CASS to detect SMTP-based virus emails and reroute them as defined by the administrator (e.g., rejected or deleted) at the gateway. When purchased separately, the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Intrusion Prevention Service and SonicWALL Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Service provide comprehensive multi-layered virus protection.
- Integrated allow and block lists are built into SonicWALL network security appliances. IP addresses can be allowed or blocked at the gateway. Can also add granular control with Allow and Block lists at people, companies and list levels. This feature is fully supported by CASS and requires no additional set-up or training to use.
- Integrated reporting and logging is built into SonicWALL firewall. Service status and statistics are easily displayed with one click, and log file entries can be viewed by service name. Service status shows availability of CASS, Junk Boxes and the downstream email server.
- Flexible LDAP integration enables robust, easy and secure user management, as well as additional flexibility through multiple LDAP integration support.
- Supports downstream email security systems such as corporate governance or compliance policies, per-user policies and preferences, advanced reporting and more, as needed.
- SMTP traffic arrives at the SonicWALL firewall.
- The Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service checks the reputation of the Sending IP server in real-time using the Advanced Reputation Management (ARM) service. ARM receives real-time inputs from over 4 million endpoints worldwide to determine the reputation of servers that are sending email. Up to 80% of junk email can be dropped at the connection level, thus reducing overall processing by the firewall.
- The remaining email is processed using the cloud-based Advanced Content Management (ACM) service. ACM service applies SonicWALL’s proven spam detection techniques.
- Good email is delivered to the email server.
- Optionally, junk email can be delivered to SonicWALL Junk Boxes on the email server and Junk Box Summaries for each user can be delivered as emails to each user.
Where the SonicWALL Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service Fits:
Smaller organizations looking to leverage their existing investment in a SonicWALL firewall can quickly ensure the delivery of only good email to their email server with CASS. Administrators can manage CASS using a single integrated interface on the firewall. Larger enterprises can layer their anti-spam protection by placing CASS in front of a SonicWALL Email Security solution to drop more than 80% of junk email at the connection level, thus reducing subsequent processing by downstream infrastructure. Distributed enterprises that receive email in multiple locations can implement CASS on remote SonicWALL firewalls to reduce spam-related network traffic and use SonicWALL Email Security to centralize email protection services.
Supported Platforms and Supported Email Servers:
SonicWALL Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service is available as a subscription service on the following SonicWALL products:
- TZ 100, TZ 200 and TZ 210 Series with SonicOS 5.6.3 or higher installed
- All SonicWALL Network Security Appliance (NSA) and SonicWALL E-Class NSA Series with SonicOS 5.6.3 or higher installed
- Platforms and/or SonicOS versions not listed are not supported
The SonicWALL Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service operates with any email server which accepts inbound SMTP messages.
Options included with the Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service:
The User Junk Box option requires that the Junk Store application (provided as part of the service) be installed on a server (typically your email server) running Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008.